First Annual Fascia Research Congress — Accepted Abstracts
The abstracts are organized into categories and, within each category, whether for oral presentation or poster presentation. Click on the title to view abstract text (PDF).
Authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation are scheduled in concurrent parallel sessions within the topics listed below on the first day of the conference, Thursday, October 4. (See Program 2007 for full details.)
Cellular Fascia Studies
- Fibroblasts Within Mouse Subcutaneous Fascia Respond to Tissue Stretch with α-Smooth Muscle Actin Redistribution and Changes in Nuclear Shape
- Hyaluronan-dependent Matrix is Involved in Cell-Cell Coupling and Cell Migration Following Micromanipulation: Implications for Mechanotransduction and Tissue Changes Following Fascial Manipulation
- Immunohistochemical Characterization of the Mouse Subcutaneous Perimuscular Fascial Plexus
- Realignment of Collagen Fibers in Mouse Skin
- Tissue Stretch Decreases Procollagen-1 and TGF-beta1 in Mouse Subcutaneous Fascia
- Cell Proliferation in the Transplanted Autologous Fascia Into the Human Vocal Fold
- Chronic Low Back Pain May Originate from Subfailure Injuries in Lumbar Fasciae
- Do Patients with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and/or Hypermobility Syndrome Have Reduced Number of Contractile Cells in Fascia?
- Fascia, Boundary, Separatrix, and Meridian – A Model of Acupuncture with Confirmed Predictions
- Fascial Strain Hardening Correlates with Matrix Hydration Changes
- Is the Expression of Elastin Metabolism-Related Proteins Site-Specific in Women with Pelvic Organ Prolapse?
- Relaxin Modulated Active TGF-β1 Release from Extracellular Matrix of Cultured Vaginal Fibroblasts from Women with Stress Urinary Incontinence
Clinical Case Studies
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Resolved by Ba Gua Fa
- Effects of the Myofascial Release in Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis: Case Study
- Fascia Manipulation to Heighten Proprioception: A Basis for Improved Standing Balance
- Functional Fascial Taping for Lower Back Pain: A Case Report
- Myofascial Release for an Adult with Idiopathic Scoliosis to Help Decrease Pain and Increase Quality of Life ~Case Study~
- The Effect of Mechanical Load on Degenerated Soft Tissue
- Demonstration of the Integrity of Human Superficial Fascia as an Autonomous Organ
- Fascia is Able to Contract and Relax in a Smooth Muscle-like Manner
- Fascia lata: Merely a Thigh Stocking, or a Coordinator of Complex Thigh Muscular Activity?
- Histological Study of the Deep Fasciae of the Limbs
- Three Dimensional Mathematical Models for the Deformation of Human Fascia
- Connective Tissue Contractility is the Central Mediating Factor in Myofascial Pain Syndrome: A Fasciagenic Pain Model
- Myofascial Release: An Evidence Based Treatment Concept?
- The “Bunkie” Method: Assessing Functional Strength for Restoration of Function Through Fascial Manipulation
- The Pectoralis Fascia: Anatomical and Histological Study
- Virtual Reality Simulation of Fascial Drag Using the PHANToM 3.0 Haptic Interface
- Viscoelastic Mechanical Properties of Human Abdominal Fascia
- What is Fascia?: Unveiling an Obscure Anatomical Construct
Low Back Pain and Lumbar Fascia
- Do Chronic Low Back Pain Patients Estimate Loads Differently?
- Effects of Tensioning the Lumbar Fasciae on Segmental Sagittal Motion and Instability Factor During Flexion and Extension
- Perimuscular Fascia Remodeling in a Porcine Movement Restriction Model Relevant to Human Low Back Pain
- The Contribution of the Thoracolumbar Fascia to the Spine’s Stiffness
- The Spring-like Function of the Lumbar Fascia in Human Walking
- A Model of Structural Improvement Using a Pathway System of Functional Myofascial Lengthening
- Efficacy of Functional Fascial Taping for the Treatment of Non-Specific Low Back Pain
- Migratory Fascia Syndrome
- Skin Distraction at Select Landmarks on the Spine Midline in the Upright and Fully Flexed Postures
- Treatment of a Case of Subacute Lumbar Compartment Syndrome Using the Graston Technique
Measurement of Fascial Change in Humans
- Are Local Mechanical Factors Related to Plantar Fascial Thickness?
- Balance Improvement with Structural Integration (Rolfing) in Persons with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Changes in the Structure of Collagen Distribution in the Skin, Caused by a Manual Technique
- Effects of the Bowen Technique on Flexibility Levels: Implications for Fascial Plasticity
- Fasciatherapy Combined with Pulsology Touch Induces Changes in Blood Turbulence Potentially Beneficial for Vascular Endothelium
- Fascial Manipulation Technique: Anatomical Basis and Clinical Implications
- Functional Fascial Taping Real Time Ultrasound Investigation
- Identification of Viscoelastic Parameters Skin with Scar In Vivo.
- Mechanical Response of Fascia Associated with Acupuncture Meridians During Acupuncture Needling
- Preliminary Study: Osteopathic Approach to Scars
- Sensory Improvement with Structural Integration (Rolfing)
- Structural Integration (Rolfing) In Persons with Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury
- The Effect Of ‘Gua Sha’ Treatment on the Microcirculation of Surface Tissue: A Pilot Study In Healthy Subjects
- The Effects of Rolfing Structural Integration on Neck ROM and Pain
- Treating Patella Tendinopathy with Fascial Manipulation
Muscle and Surgical Fascial Considerations
- A Biomechanical Analysis of the Crural Fascia in the Feline Hindlimb During Locomotion and Intra-Muscular Stimulation
- Dimensional Stability of the Free Fascia Grafts
- Do We Need to Consider Damage to Myofascial Structures in Managing Painful Dysfunction Following Treatment for Breast Cancer?
- Major Effects of Epimuscular Myofascial Force Transmission on Muscular Mechanics in Experimental Conditions Similar to Those In Vivo
- Mechanical Interactions Between Synergists in Physiological Conditions and Following Tenotomy in the Cat
- Behavior Analysis of Electromyographic Activity of the Masseter Muscle in Sleep Bruxers
- Evoking Tonic Reactions With Myofascial Touch: Moving Towards Objectivity?
- Human Resting Muscle Tone: Narrative Perspectives and Hypotheses
- Importance of Evaluation of the Foot Muscular Tone for Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Optimal Contraction Intensity for Maximal ROM Following PNF
- Structural Integration (Rolfing) for Blepharospasm: Effects of Whole Body Myofascial Treatment on a Focal Dystonia
- The Role of Fascia in Resting Muscle Tone and Heat Induced Relaxation
- The Surface Electromyography of Abdominal and Back Muscles in Patients with an Active Scar – Palpatory Illusion